Sunday, June 3, 2012

Well, here we go...

So I decided to start a blog because my youth minister, his wife, and another girl I'm staffing with inspired me to. I think that this would be a great way to share with my family and friends what's going on at camp while I'm away for the summer. It will also give me a door to share my thoughts and my feelings. I have so much going through my head and this will be a great opportunity to sort it all out. Since I am just now starting this a week into my adventure let me fill you in on what you have missed.

Before we left Buna most of us that were going to staff from our church stopped by the church to pray and hear some words of encouragement from our youth minister. Dustin and Brian had already headed up to the camp, so that left me, Kayla, Nick, Brandon, and Caleb. Brother Scott and Amber (his wifey) began to speak truth into us and for me, that made all the difference. We ended with prayer and then went on our way. When I first got to my dorm, I was greeted by a girl named Salena. I'm sure you will hear a lot about Salena down the road. ;) Anyway, I picked out my bed and my bestfriend (Kayla) bunked beside me. I didn't have a lot of time to get settled in because we had to go to lunch and then start our orientation. Orientation was FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR long. But as James, Andy, and Mrs. Frankie began to speak I was quick to notice thier passion for what they do and their love for the Lord. I could feel the spirit moving inside me when they began to talk about what they feel God has planned for this summer. The rest of the week we cleaned, and cleaned, and cleaned. Mrs. Frankie had us "rewarsh" every single pot and pan in that kitchen. After about three days, we finally finished. Me and Brandon had the privledge to make the famous meatloaf Mrs. Frankie cooks. We were both elbow deep in it. My fingers were frozen because the beef wasn't thawed all the way. But ohhhhhhhhhhh myyy goshhh it was good. We also have been doing some training on the ropes course. That is my favorite. I learned how to make different types of knots, how to harness someone up, and how to belay them. Oh, and I mastered the rock wall! Haha which surprised me because I have no upper body strength what so ever. I also was the test dummy on the huge swing that I almost lost my life on. The "mules" thought it would be funny to pull me up farther than the limbs. I about lost it. By the end of the week I was worn smooth out... James let us go home Saturday night and I slept all day today and now I am back at the camp. This week, will be the first week that we are having campers here. I am looking forward to it.

Before coming into this I was hoping to grow in my relationship with Christ and to learn to be selfless. Although it's only been a week into it, I have found this to be a big challenge. By the end of the day I am so tired that I don't feel like reading my Bible or journaling. And because I'm in a room with a lot of people.. it's hard to have the quiet time I want to have. It is also hard to be positive at times and to be an encouragement to others. I fail a lot. But this is all a learning process and I have been praying for my heart to be changed. I want to strive to be all that God has created me to be. So as your reading this say a prayer for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment