Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Indescribable.

Again, I am not sure how to say this or put it into words. Sometimes those "God things" cannot be described. It's something so deep inside that only you and God know what it is. I had another one of those nights.


Today is the day I took my stand and spoke to around 300 people. God gave me the opportunity to be in the concession stand for 5 hours by myself to gather my thoughts. But honestly, I was not that worried about it. I did not spend much time going over it in my head because I knew that God was going to speak through me and give me the words to say. As the time drew nearer I started to get that feeling in my stomach. I went over what I wanted to say one more time and prayed that God would use me, take away my nerves, and let all the glory go to Him. I felt peace after that. We went over to the tabernacle and the band was doing sound check by playing a few songs. I could already feel the spirit. When the kids came in and got settled in their chairs Joey got up and gave some words about Ghana and their decision to follow Jesus. He handed the mic off the me and my nerves left me. I stopped once at the beginning because I was getting ahead of myself and in that pause I let go and let God do the rest. He spoke through me and was holding my hand the entire way. The fear left me. I shared with them how God began to desires in my heart to do more and to not live just an average life. I also told them what the summer staff does and how we are going to Ghana at the end of the summer. I elaborated more on those things as well. I would have never thought in a million years that God would call me to be a speaker for Him or bless me with that gift. But I feel more confident than I ever have. And my trust in God has become stronger because He stayed true to His promise. He took care of me. He is so good. After I spoke they prayed over us and it was powerful! Then the guy began to tell the kids about an offering and to come to the front as God leads them to leave money. We were on the front row and as the band began to play the kids came walking up and dropped money in the bowl. I broke down. This is the part that is so hard to describe. I really cannot tell you what was going on inside of me but I couldn't even stand up it hit me so hard. The same lady from lastnight that prophesied the gift and prayed over me came off the stage as they were playing and prayed over me again. I still yet to know her name. That was powerful as well. God is alive. There is no doubt about it. The spirit was so thick in that place and worship was amazing. Like I said, it is just so hard to describe what happened and what I felt. God is moving in my life and I cannot wait to see what is next. Continue to pray for me.

1 comment:

  1. hey sweet girl, you are missed very much and you will never know what an impact you have made with your own life here at central. it was good to see you on sunday, and we are continually praying for you and our group from central that are with you. i cant tell you how proud i am of you and i just love your blogs. have a wonderful day and know that as much as i love you Jesus loves you so much more. also please give kayla a hug from me. thanks. xoxo

    ReplyDelete