Tuesday, June 5, 2012

God is teaching me.

Today was far from what yesterday was. It was just one of those days and I let it get the best of me. After breakfast Brian and I got assigned to clean the bathrooms in the camper's dorms. Well, when we got to one dorm our keys would not work to the cleaning supplies closet. We spent probably about an hour trying to pick the lock with two knifes. After a while we decided to take the door off the hinges. We did our cleaning and then Brian took the initiative to put the door back on and forgot to unlock it when he did. So we had to do the whole process again. This took another hour to do because we could not get the door to line up. When we finally got it lined up I had to hammer the thing back in with my water bottle and smashed my finger. This did not sit well with me. I could have just shook it off, but instead I dwelled on it for a good while. I felt like God gave me a beautiful day yesterday and then tested me the next. As I was thinking about the situation God gave me a scripture that I vaguely remember in Job. I read this forever ago and it hit me out of no where today. It reads: "..should we accept only good things from the hand of God and never anything bad?.." Job 2:10. This reminded me that everyday, no matter what circumstances, is a gift from God. Now that I look back on this small thing that happened today, I realize that God was teaching me. After having a perfect day yesterday and then a not so great day today, God is still the same and He still wants to work in my life even when He is showing me things in a different way. It's kind of cool to see how God used that situation to teach me. I need to work on letting things go and before reacting in flesh think about how God expects me to react.

After that blew over the rest of the day wasn't so terrible. I started my lifeguard training today. The man teaching the class was a pretty cool guy and had massive leg muscles. Not that matters, just thought I should add that because that's the first thing I noticed haha. He held my attention and I feel like I learned quite a bit. After the class everyone else went to the pool to start their training there. I was called to the ropes course. I belayed a few kids up the rock wall and my hand was starting to cramp at about the second one. As soon as I was done with that I had to go to the pool to catch up with everyone else. By the end of the training, I was dead. My arms were like jello from swimming and I felt like my lungs were about to explode. I am pretty confident that I will be a certified lifeguard by the end of the week though.

At 10:00 PM the missionary, Joey, had a meeting with us. We talked about Ghana and the people. This made me so excited. It is finally becoming a reality to me. This guy is so genuine and has a love for the Lord and His lost people like no one I have ever seen. You could hear it in His voice and see it through the tears on his cheeks. Be praying for this mission trip. God listens.

3 comments:

  1. Love this blog ma'am! Keep it up. Thanks for sharing your summer with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brother Scott! I enjoy keeping up with yours as well.. Miss y'all so much!

      Delete
  2. hey brett, i just read where you were about to loose it. does that mean get mad?? just remember satan loves it when you are tired because that is when you are the most vulnerable. so go where you can talk it out loud with God, and let Him know how you are feeling, then ask for forgiveness and let Him heal you. yes i know He already knows but this is surrendering and He loves for us to do that. let me know how you are later please. get some rest, because as much as i love you God loves you more. xoxox

    ReplyDelete