Thursday, June 7, 2012

It costs everything.

I didn't post yesterday because I was dead dog tired. I spent all day in lifeguard training and I was exhausted. Today was the same way. From 9 to 5 we are in the pool or in the classroom. I have the most hideous tan lines ever haha. Tomorrow is the test and I'm pretty confident because we have done everything about a thousand times. I'm not complaining though. Yesterday I gave a devotion and God spoke through me. For those of you who know me know that I cannot speak in front of people without studdering (aruh aruh aruh... around-CIA insider). I spoke about what God gave me the other night when I was looking for my toothbrush.. Colossians 1. (if you read my previous blogs). Everything that I said came straight from God. He had it all planned.. The Holy Spirit convicted me to read my Bible, God gave me the scripture, then He prepared me for the devotion, and then He took over and spoke through me. That's pretty awesome. To God be the glory!

Joey, the missionary, had another meeting with us lastnight about Ghana. He discussed how we need to be communicating with others by letter or e-mail to put together a team. To give friends and family the option to support me by prayer, or financially, or even both to prepare for my mission trip. Prayer is a NEED, and so is giving to this ministry so I can go share the gospel. I also can use all the encouragement I can get. Joey mentioned that most people who are offered the opportunity to go on a mission trip always asks, "how much does it cost?" He responded to his statement that it's not just about the money; being a missionary costs everything. That kind of hit me. It's not just money I am giving up.. I might have to give my very life for Jesus Christ. That's scary, but at the same time I am comforted that I will be doing this for my Lord, knowing He will take care of me, and knowing that my salvation is secure. So with that being said.. if you would like to be on my team.. please let me know and begin to pray for me, the trip, and that the people that I will come across will be open to the Word. I will be sending out letters soon, but I would love your prayers and encouragement now as well.

Tonight the staff went and ate at TaMollie's and on the way up there Jordan and I worshipped to some Jesus Culture.. It was pretty awesome. Then we talked about our relationship with Christ and our callings. It's always so encouraging when I talk to other believers about what God is doing in my life and hearing what's going on in their life as well. We also had turnover and it wasn't as bad as I thought except that Brian and Dustin scared me like 5 times in a whole 2 minutes. It never ends haha.

I miss my church terribly.. I am hoping that I will be able to go Sunday morning. Continue to lift me up in prayer as I continue on this journey.

1 comment:

  1. it was so good to get that sweet hug this morning. as i read your blog about giving of yourself for this trip i want to encourage you by saying you cannot outgive God, whether it be money or time. He is our provider and as you go your faith will be strengened. continually praying for you and love ya lots.

    ReplyDelete