Monday, June 4, 2012

Another day with God's presence.

I woke up this morning to my alarm singing "Deep Cries Out," by Bethel. Hearing that made me want to get up and dance. I woke up with a joy in my heart. Last night it was about 1 o'clock when I was getting ready for bed and I put off reading my Bible to set up my blog. So when I was looking for my toothbrush I could not find it anywhere. I searched through my backpack a few times and I had this feeling like I needed to get my Bible out. When I got it out, my toothbrush was underneath it. I felt like that was God telling me to put Him first and read my Bible. I opened it up to Colossians and read about the Gospel. Colossians 1 lays out the Gospel so beautifully. You should check it out. But God reminded me of what my purpose of this summer is. To strive towards this mission trip to Ghana in August. I will be sharing the Good News with people that are thirsty for hope. People who are thirsty for the Word of God. When I read this verse it really spoke to me. "This same Good News that came to you is going out all over the world. It is bearing fruit everywhere by changing lives, just as it changed your lives from the day you first heard and understood the truth about God's wonderful grace." Colossians 1:6. How awesome is that! The same God who changed my life is changing lives around the entire world and I'm going to witness that up front. Also today the missionary we are going to Ghana with arrived. His name is Joey and when we began to talk at dinner about his experiences and what Ghana is like, I began to get so excited. I cannot wait for this mission trip to roll around.

On another note, I miss my youth group so much. I got a call from my youth minister today and he filled me in on whats been going on at Student Life. I am so bummed out that I did not get to go with them this year, but I know that God has me just where He wants me. I have been praying so much that God will do amazing things in each and every one of their hearts this week. Even though I am not physically with them, my spirit is. My youth group has been such a huge part of my life and it hurts to be separated from them because I love every one of them so much. They all are unique in their own way and full of the Spirit. God has a plan for them. I believe that He is going to raise up great leaders in that group and I hope I have set a good example to them. When Scott called me, he shared that a few of our youth girls were broken at invitation because they are now seniors and feel like that have such big shoes to fill. That really touched my heart to know someone looked up to me that much, but I could have been better. I could have done things differently, I could have done more. So my advice to them would be to JUST BE. Think about what that means. My father preached that to me one day and it really touched me and changed the way I live. I love them so much and God is  going to do great things in and through their lives. Always remember that we are nothing.. But Jesus is EVERYTHING.

Today I sorted out the concession stand and then built a camp fire for the campers to have tonight. Then Caleb and I went into the office to make lanyards. I saw a different side of him. We had a heart to heart and despite the way we treat each other sometimes we kind of bonded. We talked about our faith and the future. I really believe God has him here for a reason. He is very passionate about this serving opportunity and he loves it. It was just awesome to see that spark in him. While we were making the lanyards, Brian's daughter, Missy, came and sat in my lap. She just finished kindergarten. I braided her hair and she sang "Jesus Loves Me." This little girl has such a beautiful spirit. She then began to tell me that only by Jesus's blood our sins can be washed away. I asked her if she had Jesus in her heart and she said "YES! I asked Him." Wowww.. God is going to use this little girl one day. There's no doubt. He already is.

Continue to pray for me. I saw things differently today. God is starting to show up more and more. I cherish these little things that God shows His presence through. It's kind of indescribable.

No comments:

Post a Comment