Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Challenged.

This past week has been very busy. SNBA youth camp came in and so did my church and the surrounding Buna churches. It was so good to see familiar faces every day and kids that I have built relationships with over the very short few years I was in the youth group. I seen Jesus working in everyone of their lives. Although I was behind the scenes and did not get to spend a lot of time with them, it was evident that they were growing. I've missed my church so much and to see God alive and moving fills me with joy.

God also gave me many more opportunities to speak. Mikeal and I both spoke to the seniors about how God brought us to this camp, what He is doing through this summer, and give them a little insight on what we will be doing in Ghana. I got to encourage them to think about this as an opportunity for next summer. I also got to share with my church what God has been teaching me and how my summer has been going. I was only able to do these things through Christ. It still amazes me how God took my biggest fear and said, "You're going to be bold and fearless.. You're going to speak."

One thing that touched me the most this week was the morning before the campers left. We always have one service sometime during the week where all the staff goes and the camp prays over us and takes up an offering. Well for a while now I have been wondering: am I making an impact? Previously that week I was on the ropes course and I was just having normal conversation with some of the campers and encouraging them as I belayed them up the rock wall. And throughout the week I learned their names and would talk to them as they came through the serving line or while I was sitting in the gift shop. So the last morning all the staff scattered across the room and the opportunity for the camp to come and lay hands on us was given. As I am standing there two of the girls that I had talked to sporadically throughout the week came walking up to me and took my hands. Tears immediately came running down my face. It reminded me that what I am doing is making a difference. I love those moments when God reassures me.

Africa is getting closer and will be here before you know it. It's so hard to believe. I have so many emotions that run through me when I think about this mission trip. I believe God is going to move mountains. Not only in the lives of the children and people we will be witnessing to, but in my life as well. I think this is going to be a major life change for me. God has already been teaching me and preparing me for this trip throughout the summer and I have never felt so close to Him. Jojo has really been challenging me spiritually here lately and that's just what I need. Our Bible studies have been so deep. I see my faith in a new perspective now. He is so radical for Jesus and he passes that right along to me. I am truly grateful for him and his faithfulness to God, the ministry, and to us.

This week I am stuck in the kitchen. I have no interaction with anyone outside of the kitchen. Ever. And I am not exactly blessed with the gift of cooking either. Although, I am making the best of it. So continue to pray for me.. I burnt the toast today.

No comments:

Post a Comment